Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Quagmire

'I see you sinking
As the earth gulps you in with mercy less,
But none help can I bring
For alone we both seem at this place.
'Eluding me you ran to the mire
Whilst I watched and stood frail.
'You perhaps were appealed by the delusive attire
Or to hold you firm I did fail.'
Lamented more one half, 'This quagmire
Thrilled you amid placid beauty
Which beneath water bears ravaging fire
That drowns all with none pity.'
The other half puled, 'The cold in here chills my blood,
Marching through veins softly annexes my mind
And locks the feet deep in mud,
Further which enfeebles and turns me blind.
'To get off I have will no less;
I push, I try but all in vain.
'Fate alas, whatever I face,
I'll be with you albeit as stain.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger