Friday, October 4, 2013

Remembrance

I may forget her joy to carry me light
And the pain she pulled to push me in life;
And that first kiss on my forehead bright;
And the taste of her milk that made me ripe.

I may forget on the wounds her tender blowing

That made agonies soft as silk;
And her vehement scolding
Towards the conscience that made me tilt.

I may forget her worry laden sighs

That watched me safe with utmost care.
And her sweet voice adorned with enthralling lullabies
That voyaged me in the world of fairies fair.

I may forget the pride in her eyes when I was set to fly;

And the fear that gripped her perhaps I might never return to nest.
As well I may even forget my absence in high
Took away her earlier vigour and zest.

I may forget her euphoric heart that blessed my mirth

And her lugubrious heart that wept for my grief;
And the gentle loving touch that exalted from birth,
All of which made me stand stiff.

I may forget her face charming

With all the love she showered on me;
And the feel of her amorous embracing
That bound even so let me free.

But tell me O Lord, how do I forget

Those two drops streamed from her melancholic eyes
That quenched my burning pyre
And sent the past fumes in the infinite skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger